Experts announced from CGI, IBM, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, SAS, TELUS and many more.
Kelowna – April 21, 2015 – In healthcare, new technology is developed and implemented to offer new opportunities for patient benefit, but these developments can often change current business models. In a competitive marketplace, this can produce significant cost or quality advantages for the patient, resulting in the disruption of a traditional industry where technology drives transformation.
Today, Reboot Communications revealed more than 25 speakers who will discuss and debate pressing issues regarding the implementation of disruptive technology in the healthcare discipline at the 15th Annual Healthcare Summit, June 22-23, in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Subject matter experts in a variety of healthcare related fields will convene for a day and a half to speak on the following topics:
- Big Data Analytics and Innovations at the Edge
- Disruptive Technology in Clinical Settings
- Consumer/Patient Centered Virtual Healthcare: How is it Guiding the Path in Healthcare
- E-Referrals a Case Study in Innovation
- How Do We Tell the Difference between What’s Cool, What Works and What the Unintended Consequences Are?
The initial speaker line up includes:
- Mark Chase, Executive Director, Decision Support, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Catherine Claiter-Larsen, Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Island Health
- Chris Eagle, Professor, University of Calgary
- Diane Finegood, President and CEO, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- Ian Fish, Vice-President Market Development, Ontario and Western Canada, TELUS Health
- Mal Griffin, Chief Information Officer and Corporate Director, Service Innovation, Interior Health Robert Halpenny, President & CEO, Interior Health
- Kendall Ho, Director, eHealth Strategy Office; Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, UBC
- Bev Holmes, Vice President, Research & Impact, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- Reg Joseph, Vice President, Translational, Product & Technology Innovation, Alberta Innovates Health Solutions
- Alan Low, Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC; Manager, Reimbursement and Medical Affairs, Servier Canada
- Erwin Malzer, Board Chair, Interior Health Authority
- Judy Murphy, Chief Nursing Officer and Director, Healthcare, IBM Corporation
- Bob Rauscher, Vice President, Western Canada. MEDEC
- Hitesh Seth, Sector VP, Consulting Services, Global Health Industry, CGI
- Jeremy Smith, Executive Project Lead, Doctors of BC
- Anne Snowdon, Academic Chair, Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation
- Lynn Stevenson, Associate Deputy Minister – Health Services, Ministry of Health, Province of British Columbia
- Howard Waldner, Former President and CEO, Island Health
- Jim Wilson, President and Founder, Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation
- Mark Wolff, Principal Industry Consultant, Health and Life Sciences Global Practice, SAS
Register now and take advantage of our early bird price, available until May 1st.
About the 15th Annual Healthcare Summit
The 15th Annual Healthcare Summit is a forum that allows Canadian healthcare officials, senior policy makers, and the private sector to meet and discuss the ways in which government transforms the quality healthcare delivery arena to produce effective and efficient solutions. The Summit will take place at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort in Kelowna, BC, June 22 and 23. For further information, please visit www.rebootcommunications.com/event/health2015/.