Keeping Pace with the Digital Revolution
Feb 15, 2012 - Feb 17, 2012 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Victoria Conference Centre
Keeping Pace with the Digital Revolution
Please click here
to view the speaker presentations.
for IAPP Privacy Certification Training & Testing Information and Registration.
About the Conference
The Annual Privacy and Security Conference, hosted by the Province of British Columbia, is recognized as one of the top tier events in North America. Anyone working in the information privacy and security fields will benefit from the speakers, discussions and networking at the conference. Attendees are from every level both within government and private industry. The two-day conference draws an international audience of some 1,000 delegates with an interest in cutting edge policy, programs, law, research and technologies aimed at the protection of privacy and security.
(Pre-conference workshops February 15th)
Reasons to Attend
- Get face-to-face dialogue with international industry experts who have successfully implemented best practices solutions
- Learn about current trends, issues and actions
- Obtain your annual Continuing Professional Development credits
- Discover new methods and products that can lower expenses and increase revenues
- Take the pulse of what is happening for tools, technologies, and processes
- Get Immediate answers and solutions to issues current in your organization
- Honourable Dr. Margaret MacDiarmid, Minister of Labour, Citizens’ Services and Open Government
- Cory Doctorow, Science fiction novelist, blogger and technology activist. Co-editor of weblog Boing Boing (boingboing.net), and contributor to The Guardian, the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and Wired
- Ian Kerr, Canada Research Chair in Ethics, Law & Technology at the University of Ottawa
- Daniel J. Solove, Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Dave Nikolejsin, CIO, Province of British Columbia
- Elizabeth Denham, Privacy and Information Commissioner of British Columbia
- Robert Dick, Director General, National Cyber Security Directorate
- Trevor Hughes, President and CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Paul Schwartz, Professor of Law at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Vice President, EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Valerie Steeves, Associate Professor, Department of Criminology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ottawa
- Dale McFee, President, Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Steve Simske, HP Fellow, Global leaders, Hewlett-Packard Labs, Secure Document Lifecycle; Member, World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Illicit Trade, Chief Inventor, NASA
- Jill Clayton, Information & Privacy Commissioner, Province of Alberta
- David Elder, Stikeman Elliott LLP & Special Digital Privacy Counsel to the Canadian Marketing Association
- Pierre Boucher, Deputy CIO, Government of Canada
- Joe Alhadeff, Vice President for Global Public Policy, Chief Privacy Officer Oracle Corporation
Professional Development Credits
This conference qualifies for CPE credits for most professional associations (e.g.. IAPP, (ISC)2, CAPAPA and ISACA) includingThe Law Societies of British Columbia, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick and Upper Canada. Please note that this program is not accredited for professionalism hours or for the New Member requirement.
ISACA Victoria presents: “Auditing and Securing Cloud-Based Services” February 13 & 14 2012.
Click here for more information
Providing privacy and data security training programs for businesses, law firms, healthcare organizations, and schools to help minimize data security breaches and incidents involving online social media use. Founded by Daniel J. Solove.
Click here for more information
|Regular registration (after December 15, 2011)
||$650.00 CAD (plus HST)
||$875.00 CAD (plus HST)
The Fairmont Empress is offering a conference rate of $122.00 per night (government rate of $100.00). A limited number of rooms have been reserved for delegates. Mention Privacy Conference/Reboot Communications.
Corporate reservations: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/2012privacy
Government reservations: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/pandsgovt
Please contact the Fairmont Empress:
Conference Delegates will receive a 20% discount on 60 or 90 minute spa experiences compliments of The Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Empresshttp://www.willowstream.com/empress
• Spa Guide • Spa Pricelist
The following speakers will be speaking at The 13th Annual Privacy and Security Conference.
Please note this page will be updated constantly as we build our agenda for this event. To view a speaker's biography please click on their photo or name.
Vice President Global Public Policy and Chief Privacy Strategist, Oracle Corporation
Oracle Enterprise Architect, Oracle Public Sector
Director, Security Investigations and Forensics, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Ministry of Labour, Citizens' Services and Open Government
Director of TELUS Security Solutions, Western Canada, TELUS
Broadcast Journalist, Global Television
Security Specialist, Symantec; Jacob Yoo, Security Specialist, Symantec
Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk, Deloitte
Deputy Chief Information Officer, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Assistant Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia Policy and Adjudication
Senior Privacy and Policy Advisor, Legislation, Privacy and Policy Branch, Ministry of Citizens' Services and Open Government, Province of B.C.
Legal Counsel, Legal Services, Policy and Research Branch, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Chief Security Architect, IBM Security Services (Canada)
Sales Systems Engineer, McAfee, Inc.
Sr. Solutions Consultant, Adobe Systems, Incorporated
Assistant Professor, School of Communication, Simon Fraser University
Information & Privacy Commissioner, Province of Alberta
Executive Vice President, EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
Chief Information Security Officer, Information Security, Inventure Solutions Inc.
Director, Public Sector Canada
Information and Privacy Commissioner for B.C.
Director General, National Cyber Security Directorate, Public Safety Canada
Privacy Officer, Oracle Microsystems (BC)
CISSP, OPST | Senior Security Consultant and Security Evangelist, Bell Business Markets
Counsel, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Sr. Privacy Investigator, Privacy Investigations, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Ministry of Labour, Citizens' Services and Open Government
Principal Product Manager, Enterprise Mobility Group, Symantec
SR Technology Consultant, RSA Canada
former Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
CIPP, Partner, INFORMATIONLAWGROUP
Director, IM/IT Legislation, Knowledge and Information Services Branch, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Province of B.C
Chief Technology Officer, Trend Micro
Sr. Security Strategist – CA Technologies
Chief Strategy Officer, SafeNet
Group Product Manager, Adobe
Chief Constable, Victoria Police Department
Account Technology Strategist for Government, Western Canada
Deputy Minister, Citizens’ Services and Open Government
Western Practice Leader, IT Security, Grant Thornton LLP
President and CEO, International Association of Privacy Professionals
CISM CISSP, Consulting Director, Sierra Systems
Director, Global Government Industry, HP
M.Sc, EnCE, CFE, CISSP.
Senior Manager, Grant Thornton LLP
Director, Public Sector Solutions and Strategy, Adobe Systems, Incorporated
Canada Research Chair in Ethics, Law & Technology, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
Principal Architect, Sierra Systems
Minister of Labour, Citizens' Services and Open Government
Manager, Services Security, Research In Motion
President & CEO, Bionym Inc.
Founder, McArthur Consulting Group
O.O.M. Prince Albert Police Service, President – Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
VP Global Accounts, Autonomy, an HP Company
Vice President, Global Government Affairs & Cybersecurity Policy, Symantec Corporation
CIPP/US, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/G, President, NYMITY
Director, Product and Solution Marketing, McAfee, Inc.
Assistant General Counsel, Privacy, Research In Motion Limited
Deputy Minister, Ministry of Energy and Mines
Information Privacy Analyst, Information Access Operations (IAO) – Ministry of Labour, Citizens’ Services and Open Government
Director of Security Programs, Symantec
Sr. Principal Security Consultant – CA Technologies
Senior Consultant and IAM Practice Lead.
"The Civilian Architect of Information Warfare," Author, Speaker, Security Theorist, Serial Entrepreneur, Distinguished Fellow Ponemon Institute, and Founder, SecurityExperts.Com
Chief Security Officer, RSA
Data Center and Cloud Systems Architect, Cisco Systems Canada
Director of Product Management, Memex
CT/Director/HP Fellow, Hewlett-Packard Labs, Secure Document Lifecycle
Director, Secure Enterprise and Cloud, Intel Americas
John Marshall Harlan Research Professor of Law<
Director, Privacy Investigations, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Ministry of Labour, Citizens' Services and Open Government
Global Product Consultant, IT/CIO Solutions, SAS
Director, Privacy Reviews and Investigations, Ministry of Citizens' Services and Open Government, Province of B.C.
Director, Staff Administration, Information Access Operations, Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services
Country Manager, Websense Canada Inc.
VP Marketing, HootSuite (Adobe family)
National Technology Officer, Microsoft Canada Co.
Sales Engineer, Enterprise Commercial, SafeNet